This confident beginner-friendly bag features a pleated flap with magnetic snap closure. It is a soft, structured purse that has plenty of room for all the essentials! You can use fabric scraps to make the flap patchwork like I did, or a flap made out of the same fabric would be great too!
The pdf pattern includes 10 pages of sewing instructions, complete with 22 step-by-step color photos.
Finished Size: 11” long x 7-1/2” tall
Supplies Needed to Make this Bag:
- 1/2 yard for the exterior
- 11 scraps, each 3” x 9”, for the flap
(if you would prefer a flap that is all in one fabric, you will need a piece 27” x 9”)
- 9” x 9” square of fabric for the piping on the flap
- 1/2 yard for the lining
- 1-1/2 yards Pellon® SF101 Shape-Flex® fusible woven interfacing
- 1/2 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable™, available at local quilt shops or on-line
(Soft and Stable is a thin, foam sew-in interfacing; one of my testers also recommends automotive headliner fabric in place of the Soft and Stable)Helpful Hint: Pellon #987F Thermolam Fusible Interfacing(a needled fusible fleece) may also be used as a substitution for the Soft and Stable.
Copyright ©Sew Sweetness 2013Sewn items made from Sew Sweetness sewing patterns may be sold by the home sewist at craft fairs and on-line.